Wednesday, April 12, 2006

On Free Speech and My Blog.

Unlike some people, such as my more controversially-inclined comrade White Dade, I do reserve the right to delete comments from my blog. I have no problem with allowing comments to be posted that are critical of me or my opinions, or express thoughts that I personally disagree with, but there is a line. Anything I find overtly racist, sexist, or generally hate-mongering will be allowed no commenting space. Who determines what is offensive and what is not? Why, me, of course. To those who ask, "Isn't that subjective reasoning, and a conflict of interests," I reply, "Yes, and get over it." This blog is a Dabblocracy, Dear Readers, which I rule with a benevolent-yet-iron fist.

Please pardon my outburst, but I hate trolls.

2 comments:

jin said...

Uh-Oh. Did ex-girlfriend finally find your blog?

*jin wonders if he'll delete her message before his millions of viewers view it?*

Almost forgot! Did I tell you how nice you look today? *flutters eyelashes*

Dabbler said...

Heh... No, there was someone with a grudge against White Dade, pretending to be him, who left an incredibly offensive comment on my blog. I checked with WD, made certain it wasn't him, and decided to clarify the "rules" of this site.

I don't intend to be an aggressive censor, but - as I said - I will not tolerate derogatory remarks regarding race, sex, and sexual preference. You know, unless they're REALLY funny.

Oh, and flattery will get you everywhere with me.