Saturday, April 08, 2006

MYspace. Not YourSpace.

Dear Girl-I-Dated-for-Several-Weeks-but-Have-Not-Heard-from-in- the-Few-Months-Since-You-Stomped-on-My-Dignity-with-Your-Uggs: if you want to try to be friends now, I would prefer it if you returned my last phone call, instead of contacting me on MySpace with a request to add you to my friends list. Please keep in mind that I haven't heard from you since the beginning of January, when I left you a phone message asking if you were okay, because I knew that you had left work not feeling well; I never got an answer. I tried to be friends, I made the effort, and you shot it down by playing the silence card. And now, this is how you get back in touch with me. How quaint. Understand this: I don't add strangers to my friends list; why would I add someone with whom I actually have a reason to be angry? I am sorely tempted to not even give you the courtesy of denying the add request, and just let it hang unanswered. I would call you to explain all this, about how you hurt and embarrassed me, and why I think your request is inappropriate -- but I deleted your number from my phone a while ago.

11 comments:

jin said...

Is that what you call a "Blog-Off!"?

Personally, I think she's the one that lost out.

;-) jennifer

Anonymous said...

I add strangers to my list. And I have a pair of Uggs.
Hey, can I have her number?
-Chris

Anonymous said...

Dear God, who is the beast who hurt you?
Ouch!!!

I wish I could kiss you and make it better =)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

-Ilene NYC /little-latin-lady/

Andy said...

Good old MySpace. It's a passive-agressive wonderland.

Tiffanie said...

You are an entertaining writer. I've dated some of those type of people myself!

I'm definitely in favor of you not even responding AT ALL. That will bug her the most.

Her loss.

White Dade said...

Yes, definitely ignore the bitch. And kudos to you for deleting her number. Always my first act when a breakup occurs.

And how do you get so many nice comments?

LTNA said...

At least you're not bitter.

Dabbler said...

jin - Call it what you will. I do appreciate the vote of confidence, though.

ilene - it's the thought that counts. Thanks!

chris - She's all yours. And I bet you'd look pretty fetching in a pair of uggs.

andy - Apparently not as much as Blogger is....

tiffanie - thanks for the compliment, and for the suggestion. I did end up turning the request down, because I didn't want to perpetuate the head games.

white dade - I pay good money.

ltna - Glad to see you back online. Bitter? I don't know the meaning of the word. Seriously: there is reconciliation, and there is allowing yourself to be walked on... as I grow older, I am beginning to see the difference.

Anonymous said...

I always find it impressive when someone thinks they can just reappear in your life electronically when they made it clear that they wanted no part of it in reality. Sometimes the level of audacity in people astounds me.

Geez said...

Hey muthafucker, same shit happened to me... sort of.

(In chronological order...)

Chick made out with me, owed me money, refused to pay, ignored my phone call, and then 3 months later tried to MySpace me. Turns out she'd been turning tricks for some other cat.

Man, I tell you: Keep your hoes on a leesh.

Unknown said...

um, she wears uggs. you had me at uggs.
her loss, my gain